Google Tag Manager icon Early for Snowshoes? Skip to main content

Featured

April Update

  It's been awhile since I've posted.  Justin's situation is hard to write about, but I know there are people who want to know what's going on with Justin, my son.  In truth, he is getting sicker and weaker.  For awhile,he made great progress, talking, eating, and getting back into his power wheelchair.   Then he started getting weaker.  His left lung became covered with secretions, and he needed surgery to scrape things out. Then a CT scan revealed more new spine fractures (total of 7).  After that, he just hasn't been able to get over the hump.  This week, Justin decided to discontinue the weaning from the ventilator.  He is on full breath support and can no longer use the voice valve to talk without dangerous oxygen drops.  Pain medication has been significantly increased to help him deal with the pain. It's a tough thing for a 23-year-old to confront one's mortality.  We will continue this journey with Justin to the end to the best of our abilities.  We

Early for Snowshoes?



My blogging has slowed down recently, as I’ve been working each day to move posts over to to blogger.  If anything especially exciting was going on, rest assured that I would let my faithful readers know.  But the truth is that not much is going on in my life right now–that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

The highlight of the week was our first snowshoe trip of the year.  Conditions were not ideal.  There was just enough snow to cover the rocks and stumps, which made tripping easy.  I didn’t ever fall, but I did have a few close calls.


The nasty blister on my right heel is my own fault.  I decided to hike using a pair of newish boots that my father-in-law Gene gave me this summer.  The fit from front to back was good, but there was too much wriggle from side to side.  I should have known better.  I’m using moleskin now to protect the rather deep wound (no pics).


One of the benefits of copying and pasting all of the blog posts from the beginning of the blog is I get to see where I’ve been the last few years.  I’ve never been someone to spend very much time looking at my own past, but it’s not a bad thing, I’ve decided.

Comments

Popular Posts