Google Tag Manager icon Bisbee: Queen Mine Tour Skip to main content

Featured

April Update

  It's been awhile since I've posted.  Justin's situation is hard to write about, but I know there are people who want to know what's going on with Justin, my son.  In truth, he is getting sicker and weaker.  For awhile,he made great progress, talking, eating, and getting back into his power wheelchair.   Then he started getting weaker.  His left lung became covered with secretions, and he needed surgery to scrape things out. Then a CT scan revealed more new spine fractures (total of 7).  After that, he just hasn't been able to get over the hump.  This week, Justin decided to discontinue the weaning from the ventilator.  He is on full breath support and can no longer use the voice valve to talk without dangerous oxygen drops.  Pain medication has been significantly increased to help him deal with the pain. It's a tough thing for a 23-year-old to confront one's mortality.  We will continue this journey with Justin to the end to the best of our abilities.  We

Bisbee: Queen Mine Tour

 From February 2022

Julia went on the Queen Mine Tour in Bisbee, while I hiked up the mountain (next post) on the gravel road behind Darlene's place.  

 


I've been on enough mine and cave tours for the duration of my lifetime, but Julia is a daughter of a geologist/rock guy.  She is always fascinated.



I finished my hike and drove down to Bisbee, meeting at the Old Bisbee Brewing Company.  Due to the pandemic, I usually take advantage of the outdoor spaces of brewpubs and restaurants.  However, I couldn't resist taking a picture of the tasting room here.  The tasting room and the brewing room are the same place.  Very unusual, but it's an old building without a lot of space.

Comments

Popular Posts