Google Tag Manager icon Changing of the Seasons Skip to main content

Featured

April Update

  It's been awhile since I've posted.  Justin's situation is hard to write about, but I know there are people who want to know what's going on with Justin, my son.  In truth, he is getting sicker and weaker.  For awhile,he made great progress, talking, eating, and getting back into his power wheelchair.   Then he started getting weaker.  His left lung became covered with secretions, and he needed surgery to scrape things out. Then a CT scan revealed more new spine fractures (total of 7).  After that, he just hasn't been able to get over the hump.  This week, Justin decided to discontinue the weaning from the ventilator.  He is on full breath support and can no longer use the voice valve to talk without dangerous oxygen drops.  Pain medication has been significantly increased to help him deal with the pain. It's a tough thing for a 23-year-old to confront one's mortality.  We will continue this journey with Justin to the end to the best of our abilities.  We

Changing of the Seasons


Summer came to a rapid close in south-central Wisconsin.  We literally moved from air conditioning season to heating season.  I’ve been building at least one fire each day to take the chill off since arriving back at home.


I’ve moved back into my Wisconsin routine.  I try to hike at least five miles each day.  Hunting season is rapidly approaching, so I’m taking advantage of the window and hiking all of the nearby Ice Age segments.



Closer to home, the deer are starting to move–nearly to our back door.



Brewedjourney.com

There will be some changes to Brewed Journey.  The introductory rate for my web hosting service is ending in February. Because this is clearly a hobby blog for personal enjoyment, there doesn’t seem to be a good reason to pay a significantly higher rate.   The plan is to move the blog over to Blogger (free).  It should be a tedious but seamless move for the old posts. The layout will necessarily change, but I don’t think it will be for the worse. I look forward to trying something new.

Comments

Popular Posts