Google Tag Manager icon Puerto Vallarta: Flight and Arrival Skip to main content

Featured

April Update

  It's been awhile since I've posted.  Justin's situation is hard to write about, but I know there are people who want to know what's going on with Justin, my son.  In truth, he is getting sicker and weaker.  For awhile,he made great progress, talking, eating, and getting back into his power wheelchair.   Then he started getting weaker.  His left lung became covered with secretions, and he needed surgery to scrape things out. Then a CT scan revealed more new spine fractures (total of 7).  After that, he just hasn't been able to get over the hump.  This week, Justin decided to discontinue the weaning from the ventilator.  He is on full breath support and can no longer use the voice valve to talk without dangerous oxygen drops.  Pain medication has been significantly increased to help him deal with the pain. It's a tough thing for a 23-year-old to confront one's mortality.  We will continue this journey with Justin to the end to the best of our abilities.  We

Puerto Vallarta: Flight and Arrival

From November 2021

We hadn't flown in nearly a year.   I have to admit that flying was a strange feeling.  Masks were required; Julia and I were double masked. Every time someone coughed, I cringed inside.

The flight itself was smooth.  Immigration and Customs were easy.  After that, there's a bit of a gauntlet to the sidewalk with timeshare and excursion salesman.  Once on the street, the cheapest option to get to Old Town ( Zona Romantica) is the bus, and it's less than a buck.  

Julia preferred a taxi with our big suitcases, so I guided her away from the official taxi line, up some stairs,  across a nearby pedestrian bridge, and down some stairs to cheaper taxis with no wait.  Twenty minutes later we arrived at our condo building on Lazaro Cardenas across from the park. 

The front desk staff was waiting for us and provided the key to our room.  It was pretty sweet and met all of my expectations.

Balcony

Living Room

The views on the roof were pretty good too.

But we didn't come to Puerto Vallarta to hang out in the room.

Pretty Good First Day

 

Comments

MFH said…
OMG! Just like in Town and Country magazine!
greg said…
I haven't been on a plane since I retired. I did a lot of international travel in those days and it was the worst part of my job. Even worse than pulling all-nighters trying to keep a data center operational during a hurricane!
John said…
Sometimes, definitely not always, airbnb rentals are better than the pictures in the ads.
John said…
I did a lot of domestic flying when I was an attorney. I liked it back then, especially the chartered small planes. Service was good. Usually, I had an unrestricted refundable ticket. I hate flying now, but sometimes it's the only practical way to get there. This flight went off without a hitch, but service, tight seats, covid risk, etc., no longer makes it a pleasure to fly.

Popular Posts