Urban Camping

I have camped in Little Rock and Raleigh. So it may be a stretch to describe my campsite in Clinton, Iowa as urban camping. Clinton is a small city of 25,000. But until recently, it boasted a minor league baseball team.


Due to Major League Baseball’s minor league contraction in 2020, Clinton now has a more modest claim to a collegiate summer team.  Why have I posted a photo of their stadium?  Because my campsite backs up to their downtown property.



I will say that Riverview Park is the gem of Clinton, a city which seems to be really struggling. The park included a riverboat theater, pickle ball courts, a swimming pool, and a great walking/biking path.



These are some of the nicest courts that I’ve ever seen. Eight beautiful courts, and no one played during during a weekend.  Too cold or windy, I guess.


Callie and I walked about eight miles up and down this path each day of our stay. Watching the barges work is always a good time.

No comments:

Western Skies

  Dawn at Santa Rosa Lake State Park We made it to New Mexico. Our goal is to make it home by tomorrow night.  I'm loving the smell of j...